I’ve been working at Ning for 3 months now, and it’s never felt like “work”. One of the cool things about working here is that we have a lot of engineers; both Java and PHP. And they move very fast.
Everyone is in IRC channels all the time talking about projects (#product), managing deployments (#maint), or general chit-chat (#internal-ning).
Another great thing about working here is that you can work on stuff that interests you, and when you have working code, you can demo it to the rest of the team:
If you are interested in this position, , and let me know why you want to work at Ning.
Here is the job description:
- You will play a key role in designing and executing new features within Ning Networks (such as activity streams, virtual gifts, and game design) as well as improving current features (including Ning Apps, photo and video sharing, discussions, blogging, events and more).
- You will work on optimizing performance down to the millisecond and scaling individual Ning Networks to millions of members and the entire base of social networks on Ning to 10M and beyond.
- This role will collaborate closely with the executive team, product management, and design to ensure that the projects achieve the goals we lay out.
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility and ability to concurrently manage multiple deadline-driven tasks and projects.
- Ability to work with remote colleagues.
- Experience in PHP and AJAX; and comfortable with HTML/CSS, Java or C++ and object-oriented design.
- Understands the value of unit tests. As an added bonus, practices Test-Driven Development.
- Experience programming scalable, highly-performant Web applications.
- Willingness to work in an agile environment, delivering incremental value at regular iterations.
- BS/MS in CS or equivalent experience.
- Optional: know your way around Flash.